Granite Worktops Essex – Price & Installation!
Surfaceco supply granite worktops in Essex. For most people the kitchen is the heart of their home. The kitchen is the place in the home where most families meet to prepare meals, eat, visit with friends, do homework, talk and much more. Due to this centrality and importance to the family institution, most people want their kitchen to look and feel enjoyable, functional and efficient.
One way of achieving this is by giving the kitchen a granite worktop facelift. Granite is a pyrogens rock that is formed by the process of slowly cooling molten rock under high pressure. Granite is formed thousands of feet into the earth’s crust.
Granite as we know it is pushed near the earth’s surface by the process of erosion of sediment rock. Granite is composed of feldspar, quartz, micas and a mixture of other trace minerals. The different minerals and their composition gives granite the numerous colors and different patterns.
Granite Worktops In Essex – Price & Installation
When undertaking a home improvement project such as remodeling the kitchen, you should take into consideration the cost burden of installing granite worktops. Luckily, granite is among the most cost effective material you can get. Granite is available for sale in the following different cuttings:
- Granite Tiles – In Essex, the average cost of granite tiles ranges from £5 per square foot for;
- Prefabricated Granite -Prefabs will set you back £18 per square foot for material only. We sell the sections already polished, sealed and sporting a standard shaped outer edge;
- Slab Granite – Slabs cost £65. The price depends on the texture and quality of the stone as well as other factors such as veining of the stone.
Slab granite is the most common cutting used in worktops. In order to make it easy for you to budget and plan, we have an online price calculator. You can use this calculator as long as you have the design and the measurements of your worktop.
Advantages of Using Granite
- Rock hard. Granite is regarded as the second hardest natural mineral after diamond. It can only be cut using a diamond saw. The hardness means that the worktop can be installed in the cooking area, bathroom area, office reception, bars etc.
- Handles spills well. Although granite is porous, when properly sealed, it can handle liquid spills and staining quite remarkably.
- Can take some heat. Granite can take high temperatures making it versatile when used in the kitchen or fireplaces.
- Long lasting. If you are looking for a reason to buy a granite countertop, then it has to be its time to live. The stone is known to survive with its immaculate appearance for years.
SurfaceCO is focused on delivering exceptional service to the architectural, design and even private home owners community. We aim at supplying unique stone products to be used in residential and commercial projects.
If you are looking to give your home or commercial building a granite worktop facelift, you should contact us today.