6 Reasons Why You Should Choose Quartz Stone
Decorating a kitchen is no easy task; you have so many decisions to make, and you want to be 100% happy with the final outcome too. If you want to save cash whilst you’re doing it you’re also making your task a little harder, but the good news is that provided you make sensible decisions, having done your homework before parting with any of your hard-earned savings, then you can not only have a wonderful kitchen space you are proud of, but you can also look at your bank balance without crying too!
Your new kitchen worktop is probably going to be the most expensive part of your decorating process, so this is certainly an area you should give some serious thought and effort towards. If you’re looking for the most hard-wearing and durable option then it has to be stone, but within that you have further decisions to make, i.e. what stone do you go for, and what colour?
Granite, marble, and quartz stone all have major benefits, but one does tend to stand out a little above the rest in terms of functionality and maintenance.
Let’s look at six reasons why you should opt for quartz stone in your new kitchen.
- Quartz is very strong – Quartz is a naturally occurring stone, which is kept in very high originality when it is installed into your new worktop. Your surface will be 93% natural quartz, with 7% being added resin to the colour you choose. This means that your work surface will be very hard and strong, able to stand up to many different tests.
- You can choose between many different colours – You can choose between a huge range of colours and patterns for your new quartz stone worktop, which means you can easily fit it in with other parts of your kitchen décor. It’s always wise to go for a neutral shade however, because this means you can change your kitchen colour scheme over the years, without having to change your worktop again.
- Quartz is non-porous – This means that your worktop does not harbour germs or bacteria, and that gives you a more hygienic kitchen overall. Quartz is one of the only stones which can boast this, and provided it is sealed correctly at installation, you won’t have to worry about any nasties in your kitchen.
- Chip, stain, and heat resistant – Quartz stone is also very highly resistant to heat, staining, and chipping, so you don’t have to be ultra-careful with hot pains or any substances which may stain another type of stone, such as red wine or vinegar. Of course mop up any spillages as they happen, because this cuts down on staining risk – quartz might be strong and resistant but it’s not 100% on any score, but nothing is!
- Cost effective – Quartz is one of the cheapest stones out there and when you throw in the cost effective benefits, you can see why. Put simply, your worktop is going to last you a long time.
- Low maintenance – Quartz is the only stone which won’t require any maintenance after it has been installed. Professional installation will do the trick, and will ensure the stone is sealed correctly; after that all you need to think about it regular cleaning, as you would do anyway.